“I have never regretted buying the Iron Bull Drop-Bottom hopper. It fits perfectly in the space we need it in. It was an investment, but worth it!”
- Richard Shrock, Pineview Woodworks
Drop Bottom Hopper
Companies that use our hoppers
Labor Dollars Saved Each Year
The Steps to Efficiency are...
We confirm your hopper size and footprint before we ship your product.
Our short lead times ensure that you receive your hopper quickly.
Enjoy your increased efficiency, productivity, and regained space!
What You Can Expect
From Iron Bull
If you are not fully satisfied, return your product for a full refund.
All our hoppers come with a standard 90-day warranty that protects you from any mistake we make.
Our Quick Ship program offers a variety of size options that guarantees shipping in the next 48 hours.
What if you had…
More space because everything fit exactly like it should
Better output in your manufacturing because scrap removal is streamlined
A safer space for everyone to work because your scrap is always collected
Happier employees because your shop is organized and clutter free
Our Drop Bottom Hoppers help make this a reality for your company!
Learn More About Our
Drop Bottom Hoppers
Iron Bull drop bottom hoppers, also known as bottom dump hoppers, make use of every square inch of floor space. You can now put waste hoppers in the tightest of areas wherever you need them to maximize production. Iron Bull Drop Bottom™ hoppers come as narrow as 20.” You can’t find that anywhere else!
We started manufacturing drop bottom hoppers when managers at a large aluminum process plant asked for a hopper to fit into tight spaces for collecting scrap aluminum.
To meet this need, we designed a drop bottom hopper where the bottom opens up to discharge the scrap. When the company managers saw the efficiency of the bottom dump hopper and how little space it took, they immediately ordered more!
Many woodworking and furniture shops have tight spaces and need something small for collecting wood scraps. Drop bottom hoppers fit this need well.
With a wide range of bottom dump hoppers, Iron Bull works with many wood shops and manufacturing plants to provide small hoppers that fit into tight spaces.
Sizing chart for our Drop Bottom Hoppers
All Drop Bottom Hoppers are made to our customer's specs. Order by giving the inside dimensions. Keep in mind that the overall dimensions are larger.
To get overall dimensions, add the following:
- 8 1/2" to the WIDTH
- 3" to the DEPTH
- 2" to the HEIGHT
- 4" to the overall height if ordering casters
Drop Bottom Hopper steel is 12 gauge. Heavier gauges are available.
To calculate capacity: Find the inside box height by multiplying the HEIGHT x WIDTH x DEPTH in inches. Divide this number by 46,656 to find cubic yards.
Example: You want the inside of the hopper to be 30" high, 36" deep, and 65" wide. Multiplying these three numbers gives 70,200 inches. Divide by 46,656, and you will need a Drop Bottom Hopper of 1.5 yards.
simple addition with a huge effect. Add ease of movement within your shop without using a forktruck, saving on propane and forklift wear and tear.
A nylon leash extends or retracts as needed. The latch rope reel has a magnetic mounting clip, keeping the reel on the hopper when not in use. For in use, simply remove from hopper and magnetically stick it to the forktruck frame. To dump, just lock the thumb button and pull. After dumping, tilt the forktruck mast back and the hopper will automatically roll back into its locked position again.
Not all features are available for all models.
- Stacking feature
- 1” drainage Hole
- Crane pick up eyes
- 3 way fork entry
(1/4 to 2 cu yd. only)
- Hopper floor lock
(for use with casters)
- 3” fork pocket
(our standard is 21/2”)
- Push handle
(for use with casters)
- Bat-Wing™ base
- Dump-From-Seat™ latch rope
- Open-One-End with Back-Stop
- Open both ends
Iron Bull drop bottom hoppers come standard with a Gray oxide primer. The following colors are available as an option:
Drop bottom hoppers are ideal in situations and areas where you have limited space but need to maximize your trash storage
- Eliminate dead space
- Varying sizes allow it to go almost anywhere
- Tight corners
- Nothing! 'Drop bottom hopper' and 'bottom dump hopper' both refer to the hopper style that dumps from the bottom.
- In contrast, self dumping hoppers and stretch hoppers both dump from the side.
Drop bottom hoppers have two dumping options:
- Standard: Hand lever located on the hopper.
- Optional: Dump-from-seat which is a nylon leash that extends and retracts as needed. It has a magnetic clipping kit for easy transfer to and from a forklift.
We highly recommend the dump-from-seat addon to save time and increase efficiency.
- We deliver hoppers via freight shipping.
- Yes! Casters can be added for easier movement on our single-door drop bottom hoppers.
- Because the forklift pockets are at the top of drop bottom hoppers, they do not work with pallet jacks unless feet are added.
Drop bottom hoppers have two forklift pocket sizes:
- 2.5" pockets
- 3" pockets
- If you are not satisfied with your drop bottom hopper, you can return it within 90 days for a full refund. The customer is responsible for freight charges and any damages incurred during the 90 days.
- Our Satisfaction Guarantee does not apply to orders of 4 hoppers or more, and custom hoppers are also exempt. These products are still covered by the standard warranty.